Newly, The government of Pakistan has formed a committee, A committee that tasked individuals to work on emerging technologies and promote the growth of the Information Technology sector.
Probably this brand new committee will be responsible for a to-do list of (Digital Pakistan), A recent campaign that Prime Minister Imran Khan launched in December 2019.
Actually, this committee involves members from both the public and private sectors.
President of Pakistan Dr. Arif Alvi will be the chief patron of the committee and Minister for Information Technology and Telecom, Dr. Khalid Maqbool will be the chairperson of the committee.
According to the recent report, the Digital Pakistan committee will be working on 12 areas of the Information Technology sector.
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Cloud Computing and Networking
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledger, Cryptocurrencies and Digital Payments
- Silicon Chip Design and Manufacturing
- Broadband and Internet of Things
- Digitalization of Government, including digital identification machines and voting technology
- Cyber tools and apps particularly in education, health, population planning, biotechnology, e-commerce, e-education, and e-tourism
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Cyber Security
- Data ownership, data security, and legislation
- Any other matters connected to emerging technologies
Yet, everyone is unclear if this committee is going to do the policymaking only or if it will oversee the implementation of all the top-mentioned projects as well.
President of Pakistan, Minister of Information Technology and Telecom, and other members of the committee include below:
- President of Pakistan – Chief Patron
- Federal Minister of IT and Telecom – Chairperson
- Federal Secretary, MoIT – Member / Secretary
- Provincial Secretary, Punjab
- Provincial Secretary, Sindh
- Provincial Secretary, KPK
- Provincial Secretary, GB
- Provincial Secretary, Balochistan
- Provincial Secretary, AJK
- Director General (Technical), ISI
- CEO NITB
- Tania Aidrus
- Prof. Saad Ahmad Qazi
- Mr. Ayub Khan
- Mr. Azhar Zia Ur Rehman
- Mr. Azhar Rizvi
- Mr. Salman Ansari
- Mr. Shahzad Shahid
- Mr. Asif Peer
- Mr. Khursheed Shah
- Mr. Suleman Mehdi
- Mr. Naeem Ashraf Rana
- Mr. Hassan Syed
- Syed. Feroze Shah
- Dr. Ali Ahmed