The entire world workforce is going freelance, it’s basically a freedom for one, who pick own work hours and can make unlimited amount of money.
Well, self employment is a dream for everyone.
The popularity of freelance sites is on it’s peak and its growing day by day. In major freelance market competition, where the entire sites are promoting direct bidding model.
Here comes, Fiverr, a freelance marketplace, which focuses on selling services like products on an E-Commerce website.
The buyers visits the website, they search the query for what exactly they are looking for, see different Gigs.
When the buyer finds some attractive Gig, which is basically a service showcasing picture, description, price and a timeline, they buy that Gig by placing an order.
In short, the better your Gig, The better you make quality Gig, The More Sales You will Generate.
A freelancer, whose service is purchased, same just like an E-Commerce product, delivers the work and gets paid.
So, lets come back to the point, the question that worth millions of dollars, where are those tips for seller, which can make gig look promising, promoted and attract orders?
How To Get Your First Order on Fiverr
1) Title and Tags:
This is first stage to get started with your Gig on fiverr.
- First, Research and Choose Your Keyword Wisely for the Category, You Want to Create a Gig For.
- Search on Fiverr and Keep that in Mind That the Results Are Sorted by “Relevance”.
- Now, Open Gigs That Are on on Top (Choose Top Five).
- Write the Titles of all the Five Gigs in Notepad File.
- Write Tags by Copying from All Gigs in Notepad File.
- Notice Wisely By Looking at Common Things/Elements in all of those Titles.
- Repeat the Process for ‘Tags’.
(Shortlist Five Best/Mose Used/Common Tags and You Will Get a Shortlisted Tags and Titles List).
- After Following The Above Rules, Now Create Your Title Wisely.
- Select Your Category and Subcategory.
- Now, Here Comes the Tags.
Write the Tags That You Have Shortlisted Above.
There is no need to change anything here, do not re-invent the wheel.
The idea is to pick the footprints of successful Gigs and reproduce.
- Again, Search Your Main Keyword on Fiverr.
- Now, This Time Make Sure That Your Results are Sorted by “Best Selling”.
- Open At Least 10 Random Gigs.
- Once Opened, Read Their Packages Carefully.
- Carefully Analyze; What’s the most common thing in all of those packages.
- Pick up Those Elements, Reproduce it and Also Reproduce Similar “Extras”.
- In Short, Create Packages by Looking at Those Successful Gigs that are Already Doing Well on Fiverr.
The recommendations from expert Fiverr seller for Gig “Description” is as follows:
- The First Line of Your Description, Must Contain Your Main Keyword.
- In a New Paragraph, Write What You Will Do Basically, Very Short Answer and a Previous result of Project.
- In a New Paragraph, “Call To Action“, Ask Question and Provide a Path for the Buyer to Reach Out To Me. It is Very Important.
- You Need to Define Your Working Structure, How You Work, And Then An Irresistible Offer.
- Detailed Explanation of Your Services *Key Points Should be in Bullets*
- Reason, Why Choose You? The ‘WHY?‘ is very important in attractive a view on the Gig.
- Last, What Will the Client Get in the Delivery? Source Files ETC.
4) Images and Videos:
Now, whatever you have successfully done for the point number 2, repeat same for images.
The images is used in a Gig should be nicely created, eye catchy and attractive.
The more attractive your thumbnail is the more clients will click on your Gig, it’s the key feature to get more sales.
In a Gig, One of the most important point is of video, which can’t be ignored. Take a look at some of the super successful ordered Gigs, You will observe most of them have videos.
5) Promote Your Videos:
Once, You Have done all of the above steps, here comes the promotion of your Gig, Promote your Gig in your social media portals.
I would highly recommend using Facebook Page, Instagram, Twitter and of course LinkedIn.
These social media platforms allows you to make public post 100% Free and use #Hashtags to reach out to different categories.
Let’s Take an Example: If you are a graphic designer, you can use #graphicdesigner or if you are a web developer, use #webdeveloper.
While, the best way to choose your hashtags is, type in # and then write a word.
Like; Instagram gives you automatically gives you all the suggestions that are related to that keyword. Pick one that fits you the most and use it.
REMEMBER! In the post, Do use link of your Gig, I would highly recommend to shorten the URL for your Gig, several websites offers this service for free.
Use a nice image, write a little story about your service, use hashtags and publish.
Once, You Do all the Necessary Tips, You will notice the difference in your Gig views and within a few days.
Getting Your Very First Order on Fiverr
1) Target Users on Social Media
As simple as that, If you don’t have traffic, you have no orders. For this reason, I am going to give some of the most important tips to generate more sales on your Fiverr Gig.
Coming Back to the Point, You can start by sharing the Gig with your Friends but in long terms, the following tactics are better options:
Instagram: Follow entrepreneur, website owners and business owners.
Now, the main thing is to interact with them in comments but wait until at least two or three interactions before mentioning your Fiverr services.
Facebook: Join Groups on Facebook and let them know about your services. The people on Facebook Groups are always looking for affordable services.
LinkedIn: I would suggest to use Linked Helper to automate how you contact other users.
Pinterest: Most of the website owners use Pinterest to generate more traffic to his/her website and same reason applies to getting traffic to your Fiverr Gigs.
Create pins and get dropping them on a daily basis.
2) Google Potential Buyers
Believe it or not, most of the business owners right now are yet not familiar with Fiverr. For this reason, They end up spending a lot of money on many services that they could get at a huge discount on Fiverr.
Keep this in mind, Now; start reaching out to small brands or entrepreneurs by email and let them know about your services.
NOW: Keep in mind, that it is a numbers game and it only works if you persist.
In other words, you can’t expect this method to work after just one or two messages. You need to keep applying the process until you receive a response.
3) Use Auto Refresh Extension
Now, this is one of the most important suggestion that you could ever find.
Buyers are most likely to message you when they see the sellers online.
However, Fiverr now logs you out of the platform or stops showing you as being “Online” when you are not browsing the site.
Auto Refresh is a free extension that helps to keep your Fiverr tab open and lets buyers know that you are online. Trust me, this means that you will receive more messages.
4) Check Out Quora
Are you familiar with Quora? You know, post a question of any kind and have some random Joe answer it?
But, Why would any random Joe answer it?
You see, Quora users give you answers in exchange for publicity.
If you establish yourself on Quora as someone who answers your question about a topic, people will eventually check out your Quora profile to see what you do.
Also, it’s very possible to drop links to your gigs in these answers but for the love of God – Keep it relevant!
5) Customer Service
I will highly suggest you that customer service is one of the most important factor when it comes to getting your first order on Fiverr.
That is why, when you finally exchange messages with a potential buyer, this is an opportunity to make the sale.
Moral: Be Honest, Be Transparent, Be Friendly and Show Interest.
What Not To Do To Get Your First Order?
You probably have heard earlier, might be from some Fiverr user or from Facebook Group Members advising that you should buy your own gigs, exchange review with other sellers or create multiple profiles.
Honestly, this is one of the most terrible advice, one could ever give.
Just, Follow the Tips Advised Here, If Fiverr Love your Profile, They are most likely to put you in front of more people.
That’s it – Tips and Advice on Getting Your First Fiverr Order. I hope you found some value in my post and please do let me know in the comment about your experience on Fiverr! Thank You.